Friday, December 25, 2015

Abode of my Heart

There's an ache in my heart and it won't go away.
And I find myself drowning in misery, choking back cries.
Allowing my mind to pave a stairway, I float away on a blissful cloud of thought.

I wish to be in the blessed city of Madinah, surrounded by its light.
I wish to gaze upon the Green Dome, oh what a beautiful sight.

I wish to walk in its blessed streets enjoying the serenity.
Letting my every fear and worry float away.

I wish to walk upon Mount Uhud, imagining the battle that took place on its sand.
Almost hearing the neighing of the armies horses and clashing of their swords.

I wish to eat dates from the palm trees of Madinah, a fruit more delicious I have never tasted.


My heart is restless.
My eyes blinded by tears.
How I despise these miles that separate me from my Beloved ﷺ and his beautiful city.

I close my eyes, and disappear into my thoughts once more.

Oh how wonderful would it be, if I lived in Madinah.
Imagine being the neighbour of Muhammad Mustafa ﷺ.

Being able to visit Him ﷺ. and His companions رضي الله عنه everyday.
That would be a dream come true.

If I lived in Madinah I would have
no reason to be sad.
And if ever I was, I'd go sit in Masjidun Nabawi and my sadness will melt away like ice on a hot day.
I would leave smiling and at peace, because how can a person be sad after sitting in the company of the Beloved Of Allah ﷺ.

Imagine how wonderful it would be if I die in Madinah with
لا اله الله محمد رسول الله
on my lips.

To be buried in Baqeeh amongst the Sahabah رضي الله عنه,  the best people to walk the earth after the Ambiya.

And to be raised on Judgment day with
Rasoolullah ﷺ and His companions.
That is what I call success.

My eyes spring open and my heart shatters as I come back to reality.

I wish my thoughts had carried me to Madinah.
But Instead I am left yearning for it thousands of miles away.
The only bit of solace I find is in knowing He ﷺ. receives my greetings even though I am not close by.
And I will continue begging Allah to fulfil my wish and allow Me to be from amongst the residents of Madinah and to be one of the fortunate ones who die in Madinah.
Aameen.

اللهم صل على محمد كلما ذكره الذاكرون و كلما غفل عن ذكره الغافلون

'O Allah! Shower blessings on Muhammad and his children whenever he is remembered by those who remember him, and shower blessings on Muhammad and family whenever he is not remembered by the negligent, and grant him peace constantly in abundance'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How The Coronavirus has Affected Our Imaan

Oh, how weakened our Imaan has become because of this virus.. What fear it has instilled in our hearts, it has overwhelmed our minds and ove...