Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A World of Problems

I look around me, at My brothers and sisters around the world.

And i see Destruction.

I see them in Syria, Palestine, Myanmar and Kashmir (among others) being butchered and chased off their land.

I see them in Egypt, Libya and Yemen fighting for a just rule.

I see them in Somalia and other countries, without food and water.

I see them in Afghanistan, trying to live there lives whilst war is going on all around them.

I see them in other countries crying because they have lost everything due to a tsunami, hurricane or earthquake.

I see them dying because of horrible diseases, and no one is able to stop it.

I see them being harassed for practicing Islam.

This is just some of the things i see.
There is so much that i don't see.
So much that i do not know.

I look at all of this and i thank Allah for letting me live in a country that is free of all these kind of major problems.
Alhamdulillah.

Yes, we have load shedding,
and a corrupt government,
And yes we have crime
(which is very scary, may Allah protect all of us).
Among other things.

And we complain about
this all the time.
But we don't seem to realize that these are actually minor problems.

We don't ever thank Allah.

Because we are not being brutally killed and dragged out of our homes.
We dont have drones constantly flying over our heads ready to drop a bomb at any time.

We are not being harassed or abused for practicing Islam.

We do not have major tsunamis, hurricanes, earthquakes and tornados.

The things to be thankful for outweighs the "hardships" by a ton.

When will we open our eyes?
When will we realize that we have been blessed, we have never been
put through any major tests .
We think we are suffering,
we think we have it hard.
But if you look around,
you will see,
people who are less fortunate
then you and me.

........
And when your Lord made it known: If you are grateful, I would certainly give to you more, and if you are ungrateful, My chastisement is truly severe.
(Surah Ibrahim:Verse 7)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How The Coronavirus has Affected Our Imaan

Oh, how weakened our Imaan has become because of this virus.. What fear it has instilled in our hearts, it has overwhelmed our minds and ove...